Upgraded to 2.9.1

Just upgraded my WordPress install to 2.9.1.  For some reason, I can’t use the Auto-upgrade feature in WordPress in any of my 1and1.com hosted blogs, but it works fine on a blog I have also installed over at Dreamhost.com.  Not sure why, but I’ll figure it out eventually.

Ran into one issue while upgrading here, though.  Apparently when I first setup the blog here, I used SQL4 and not SQL5, which the updated version of WordPress requires.  There was no way for me to “switch” the version of the SQL database I was using “on the fly,” so I ended up creating a new database with SQL5, importing my SQL database from the old to the new database, then editing my wp-config.php file to change the database information for WordPress.  After doing that, I went to the Upgrade page and it saw the new database file, imported it properly, and my WordPress install was upgraded!

Thanks to “Mark” and this page, which gave me directions on importing my database file: http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/restore/

Eventually I’ll do some work on the template…change that default picture above, get some new colors.  Eventually…